Our vision is to expand our current position as one of the leading Design College into a nationwide State-of-the-art Fashion Design University with its own integrated campus that not only leads the Design industry in India but Internationally. With three decades of experience, we provide effective training to our students in various design industry through related Fashion design courses.
Our vision also includes to improve & increase Women’s professional education as we believe that Women are equal to men in any field. As fashion design experts, we have seen & experienced the power of women in this field.
- To succeed in business and strive for academic excellence Nationally and Internationally.
- Education with creativity, Collaboration with advanced foreign institutions.
- Contribute to the economic growth and development of the society.
- Women and youth education through specialized training and skill development.
- Focusing on women empowerment to become professionals and entrepreneurs creating their own businesses.
Life At Lakhotia
After-Hours Class Room Facility
Centre of Excellence
We Live in the Present!
- The college is a Workshop for Inventors.
- The college has High-Quality Structured Environment.
- The college environment is inviting, safe, inclusive, and supportive of all.
- The curriculum is challenging, exploratory, integrative, and relevant.
- The students and teachers are engaged in active, purposeful learning.
- The college is Fearless and welcomes Parental Involvement.
- The college Honors the Diversity.
- The college is a place where Communication Is Honest and Frequent.
- The college is of High Standards and Expectations for All.
- The college Intimate Community Where candidates Find Unconditional Acceptance from the industry.
- The college is a Thoughtful Place that Honors the Thinking and the work of Teachers and Students.
- The college is Simple, Dark, and Deep.
- The college is a Place Where People Make a Difference…
- The college is a place where everyone has opportunities to learn: students, teachers, staff, parents,
administrators, etc., and
- where learning is valued,
- where the cultivation of wisdom and reflection is encouraged, and
- where questioning and curiosity rule the day, and
- where laughter and mistakes go hand in hand, and
- where we bring the outside in, where we draw on experts from around the world, and
- where we encourage self-directed learning thoughtful technology integration is seamless and is about solving
Disability Support Services
The Health Services Office at LID is an accredited primary care facility staffed by nurse practitioners and physicians. Health Services provides general medical and gynaecological care, including most medication and lab tests. Health Services is funded by the Health Services fee. This fee is charged to full-time students only, making them eligible to use the Health Services.
A referral list of consultants is available in cases where a specialist’s evaluation and treatment are indicated; however, these and some other services, such as X-rays and lab tests not provided at LID, are at the student’s own expense.
Counselling is offered on a variety of topics such as family planning, nutrition, stress management, and health maintenance.
Lakhotia College of Design (LID) has spacious canteen at its campus. At the canteen, dishing out menus are highly popular among students as well as staffs. Students enjoy their food in the clean, well maintained, aesthetic and appetising atmosphere. Most people fondly remember their college canteen as one of their life’s high points. It is the place where they keep their creative juices flowing with hot discussions, chewing ideas, exchanging and sharing strongly held opinions and eatables.
The College canteen also caters to the functions organized in the college auditorium & other related programmes like seminars, conferences, and workshops. Students are free to design the menus on a request to the canteen in charge. Canteen is open from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm on Monday till Saturday.
Labs & Studio
Education at LAKHOTIA COLLEGE OF DESIGN (LCD), Hyderabad, is based on the principle of learning to know and learning to do. Hence, the curriculum balances the learning of design skills with theoretical inputs that find application in design projects and field experience which place the students in a variety of real situations to test their knowledge and abilities.
The studio, workshop, and labs become a bridge to the learning and realizing the design ideas. In most of the cases at LID, the delivery of teaching and learning extends extensively to various labs/studios and workshops, as students are encouraged to come out with workable solutions/ concepts/models/prototypes. In liaison with discipline coordinators, the technical staff members manage studios/workshop/lab, materials, equipment, processes, instruction and technical guidance. Though all the students have a permanent, shared, working place, most students move around the labs and workshops for specific course components. Students can, therefore, expect to work in multiple areas at some points in their course. Different courses often share resources and sometimes access different facilities at the same time in mixed groups. This system provides for economical uses of workshops. This critical role of studios along with other learning mechanisms and ensures that students graduate from the college as experienced, confident and mature professionals who understands their materials, skills, processes and end products well. A well-established studio practice also ensures effective and diverse visualization skill and in an ingrained sense of quality. It spells the essential different between any academic design education and professional education program.