DIPLOMA IN PATTERN DRAFTING
Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility: 10th / SSC
Diploma in Pattern Drafting is a one-year course that focuses on design, cutting and stitching of clothes across all genders and age groups. The course comes under fashion design and concentrates more on cloth designing for different dresses made of different materials and sizes. The course concentrates on design and stitching of various patterns of dresses. The course provides students practical exposure and field experience for making samples. It is obvious fact that a pattern maker plays a quintessential role in fashion market acting as a key link in the chain from machinist to designer. A course on Pattern Drafting provides students a great kick start to make a career in playing a most important role in the field of fashion arts.
- Hand sewing techniques
- Machine control exercise's
- Different seams and their applications.
- Flat pattern drafting --Working patterns and final drafts
- Sample making
- CHILDREN WEAR
- BASIC BODIES BLOCK
- COLLARS: Peter pan, Wing collar, Cape collar, Bishop Collar, Scalloped collar,Butterfly collar, Tulip collar, Sailor collar, Straight collars.
- SLEEVES: Plain, puff, Balloon, Cap, Tulip, Petal, Flared, Uneun flare, Circular, Long sleeves, Long sleeves with cuff Leg- o- mutton sleeves.
- FROCKS: A-line, Sundresses, Pillow Case dress, Waist cut frocks, A-symmetric frock, Circular frock, Low-low waist cut frock, Yoke frocks, tier frocks, Panel frocks, Sunsuit, Overlap frocks, Princess panel frock.
- SKIRTS: Mini, Straight, Flare, A-line, Circular, Half circular, Yoke Skirts, Handkerchief, Gore Skirt, Godets skirt, peplum.
- NIGHTY: A-Line, Yoke, Suit.
- WOMEN'S WEAR.
- SHALWARS: Plain, Belt shalwar, kali shalwar, Patiala chudidar, Dhoti, Parallel.
- KURTHAS: A-line, A-line on bias, Fitted kurtha, Loose fitted, Dart less kurta, Kalidar,kurta, Raglon kurta, High neck kurta, Body style kurta, Kali kurta with body cut. Princess style with godets, Tiers kurta, Empire line kurta.
- BLOUSES: High neck, High neck with collars, Plain yoke blouse, Choli, Katori, Single and double Piece katori, Princess line blouse, Halter neck blouse, Yoke blouse with princess panels.
- COLLARS: Flat collars, Straight collars, Ruffled.
- SLEEVES: Plain, puff, Balloon, Flared, Cap, Petal, Long sleeves, and Long sleeves with cuff variations in puff, Balloon, Flared, Cap, Petal leg 0 mutton sleeves, Circular, Ruffled sleeves, Sleeve construction on bias.
- SKIRTS: Straight, A-line, Circular, Pegged, Tiers.
- NIGHTY: A-line, Yoke.
- Basic bodice development and grading
- Personalized and as per the standard sizes 6,8,10,12 and 14
- Dart transferences.
- Shift dress with a zipper , boat neck, facing and a lining.
- Chanel skirt
- Skirt development in terms of the flare, knife pleats, box pleatsv
- Collar development and its variations
- Sleeve development and its variations
- Ladies classic dress shirt as per the measurements.
- The Dior Dress
- 7 Panelled Corset
- Ruffled evening gown.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
Please Read the T&C, before Applying for the Course.
- Candidates can apply online ONLY through the Official Lakhotia Institute of Design portal. Please visit www.lakhotiaedu.com or www.lakhotiainstituteofdesign.com to apply online.
- Application fees can be paid either by a Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or through a Demand Draft. We accept
- Master Card, VISA Credit Cards
- Master Card, VISA, Maestro, VISA Electron, Rupay Debit Cards
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Lakhotia Institute of Design” payable at Hyderabad.
- Please make sure that you have the DD number before applying else the application will be rejected.
- Lakhotia Institute of Design has the right to reject any application which it deems fit.
It is a complete course touching all major areas of design, art, craft culture of India in respect to current fashion. Coming from absolutely different background, I learnt the basics, right from threading a hand-sewing needle to stitching high-fashion Couture Garments in a span of just one year. Now I feel more responsible for the revival and uplift of rich Indian Crafts and our artisans especially in the field of textile and textile ornamentation. Presently I am working in KASHISH, the renowned retail designer outlet of Hyderabad. I am thankful to Lakhotia Institute of Design for providing me the adequate knowledge to be a successful fashion designer.
I have done a Course in Interior Design and space planning from Lakhotia Institute Design. I always wanted to excel in this field. I worked for Reliance as Interior planner for their stores across the country and now I am working as a Space Designer and project manager for Apollo Hospitals for pan India where we do designing for commercial hospitality design. On job I travel a lot. My dream of excelling in this field inspires me to move forward in life and my passion for same the overflows in my performance. Now I keep hiring Interior designers from Lakhotia because they are industry ready hence I don’t need to give them special training that saves my time and resources.
Lakhotia Institute of Design has given a direction to my dreams and helped me find my talent to shape my career that is more than just a job. I am working as an interior designer with MODI PROPERTIES. Thanks to Lakhotia.
Studying at Lakhotia Institute of Design added a great value on my path to a fruitful professional career. it created an instant and easier connect between theory and the practical work environment as the faculties had worked in their real time industry themselves. Thanks to Lakhotia, my communication was never a hindrance and the teaching methodology, exposure to industry, the various competitions and activities made me confident and practically oriented. I also am delighted by the placement assistance that we received despite the recession. I am working in CUCINE LUBE.
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated with design, colours and wanted to work in a creative field. I personally feel that a designer or an artist has a freedom for expressing their emotions, feelings, and happiness or also sadness through their artwork, it can be through any form of art. I have experienced that design solves problems and helps explore new avenues. Presently I am working as an Interior Designer at KITCHEN BY DESIGN, Hyderabad.