B.A. HONS. IN FASHION DESIGN DEVELOPMENT & TECHNOLOGY
Duration: 2½ Years
Eligibility: 10+2 / 10+3
The B.A (Hons.) in Fashion Design and Technology is a course the field of arts and covers fashion technology. The course entails the application of aesthetics and natural beauty to designing clothes and other accessories. B.A (Hons.) in Fashion Design and Technology helps students to understand and apply that Fashion is influenced by place, culture, society and its attitudes and takes different shape over time. The course duration is for two years and six months spread over six semesters coupled with a six-month internship program that will give student ample field experience and exposure. The course provides students with the required skills to develop a successful career in the Fashion Design industry. It provides in-depth education over a well-designed curriculum to prepare students for a career in Fashion Design.
Experience-based knowledge is imparted to our students by our highly qualified teachers. The students also benefit from the expertise of visiting top designers and other specialists from major fashion design organizations.
Design Concepts I
- FD-01: Orientation Program
- FD-02: Basics Of Fashion
- FD-03: Elements Of Design & Principles
- FD-04: Design process
- FD-05: Fashion Illustration I
- FD-06: Color Theory
- FD-07: Principles Of Garment Construction
- FD-08: Drafting & Pattern Making (Kids Wear)
- FD-09: Garment Construction (Kids Wear)
- FD-10: Fabric Consumption (Term Garment)
- FD-11: Trim File & Market Sourcing
- FD-012: Fiber To Fabric
- FD-013: Wet Processing
- FD-014: Textile Designing & Print Development
- FD-015: Surface Ornamentation Techniques I
- FD-016: (Tie & Dye, Batik, Fabric Painting & Embroideries 25 Types)
Introduction To Computers-I
- FD-017: MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, CorelDraw
Design Concepts II
- FD-018: Fashion Illustration Advance / Fabric Rendering
- FD-019: Accessories Design
- FD-020: Design Portfolio
- FD-021: Fashion Styling & Draping
- FD-022: Personal Etiquette & Grooming
- FD-023: Overview of Fashion Industry
- FD-024: Marketing & Merchandising I
- FD-025: Visual Merchandising I
- FD-026: Apparel Designing
Garment Construction II
- FD-027: Pattern Making & Drafting(Women's Wear)
- FD-028: Garment Construction (Women's Wear)
- FD-029: Project
Fashion History & Communication
- FD-030: History Of Fashion(Indian and Western)
- FD-031: Indian Art & Costume Appreciation
- FD-033: Textile Science II
- FD-034: Fabric Study I
- FD-035: Textile Manufacturing I
- FD-036: Surface Ornamentation III (Embroideries 75 Types)
- FD-037: Craft Documentation
- FD-038: Computer Applications- Adobe Photoshop
- FD-039: The Course Includes Projects, Market Surveys, Field Visits, Seminars, Workshops and Fashion Shows
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
Please Read the T&C, before Applying for the Course.
- Candidates can apply online ONLY through the Official Lakhotia Institute of Design portal. Please visit www.lakhotiaedu.com or www.lakhotiainstituteofdesign.com to apply online.
- Application fees can be paid either by a Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or through a Demand Draft. We accept
- Master Card, VISA Credit Cards
- Master Card, VISA, Maestro, VISA Electron, Rupay Debit Cards
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Lakhotia Institute of Design” payable at Hyderabad.
- Please make sure that you have the DD number before applying else the application will be rejected.
- Lakhotia Institute of Design has the right to reject any application which it deems fit.
It is a complete course touching all major areas of design, art, craft culture of India in respect to current fashion. Coming from absolutely different background, I learnt the basics, right from threading a hand-sewing needle to stitching high-fashion Couture Garments in a span of just one year. Now I feel more responsible for the revival and uplift of rich Indian Crafts and our artisans especially in the field of textile and textile ornamentation. Presently I am working in KASHISH, the renowned retail designer outlet of Hyderabad. I am thankful to Lakhotia Institute of Design for providing me the adequate knowledge to be a successful fashion designer.
I have done a Course in Interior Design and space planning from Lakhotia Institute Design. I always wanted to excel in this field. I worked for Reliance as Interior planner for their stores across the country and now I am working as a Space Designer and project manager for Apollo Hospitals for pan India where we do designing for commercial hospitality design. On job I travel a lot. My dream of excelling in this field inspires me to move forward in life and my passion for same the overflows in my performance. Now I keep hiring Interior designers from Lakhotia because they are industry ready hence I don’t need to give them special training that saves my time and resources.
Lakhotia Institute of Design has given a direction to my dreams and helped me find my talent to shape my career that is more than just a job. I am working as an interior designer with MODI PROPERTIES. Thanks to Lakhotia.
Studying at Lakhotia Institute of Design added a great value on my path to a fruitful professional career. it created an instant and easier connect between theory and the practical work environment as the faculties had worked in their real time industry themselves. Thanks to Lakhotia, my communication was never a hindrance and the teaching methodology, exposure to industry, the various competitions and activities made me confident and practically oriented. I also am delighted by the placement assistance that we received despite the recession. I am working in CUCINE LUBE.
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated with design, colours and wanted to work in a creative field. I personally feel that a designer or an artist has a freedom for expressing their emotions, feelings, and happiness or also sadness through their artwork, it can be through any form of art. I have experienced that design solves problems and helps explore new avenues. Presently I am working as an Interior Designer at KITCHEN BY DESIGN, Hyderabad.