DIPLOMA IN ACCESSORY DESIGN (1 Year)
Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility: 10th / SSC
Diploma in Accessory Designing is a one year course that focuses on Design and development of fashion accessories. It provides students the knowledge on the impact of culture and society on Fashion. Students are provided with an opportunity to learn the concept, methodology and trends in designing accessories such as belts, footwear and jewellery using various materials like glass, metal, beads and so on. The major highlight of the diploma is that it is designed with exclusive courses on Computer Aided Designing for one semester and field-based learning in another. This makes the students gain complete knowledge on accessories designing using CAD as well as in the traditional form coupled with expertise and guidance from professionals in the field of fashion.
- FTA-41: Design Portfolio Development.
- FTA-42: Design And Product Development of Life Style Accessories.
- FTA-43: Thematic Approach-Fashion Show.
- FTA-44: History of art and accessories Trends.
- FTA-45: Designing & development studies.
- FTA-46: Introduction to Fashion Accessories.
- FTA-47: Accessory Design methodology.
- FTA-48: Accessory Designing and Conceptualization.
- FTA-49: Accessory designing sketching and illustration.
- FTA-50: Current Fashion Accessory Trends.
- FTA-51: The art of luxury.
- FTA-52: Computer Applications-III
- FTA-53: CAD (Computer Aided Design).
- FTA-54: Flash Presentation
- FTA-55: Materials and function
- FTA-56: Production of all kinds of accessories ranging from handbags, belts, footwear, jewellery etc . from glass, metal, paper, mood, rags, beads, dough, leather, bare threads.
- FTA-57: Final major project
- FTA-58: Design Collection
- FTA-59: Visit To National Level Designer Studios and Fashion Shows
- FTA-60: Boutique and Studio Management And Entrepreneurship
- FTA-61: Internship
The programme on Accessory designing moulds students to become professional designers in the field of Costume Designing, jewelry Designing, Leather goods, Gift Articles, Tableware, Watch Designing, Footwear Designing, Handicrafts, Lifestyle products and so on. The course prepares them for careers such as Designers, Brand Managers, Product Managers, Visual Merchandisers, Entrepreneurs and many other professions in the design world based on the specialization they have been offered at our different centers of excellence in design. Our students are groomed theoretically, professionally and personality wise to meet the demands of the industry and come up as successful design experts.
Accessory designing programme has made our students competent in the field of design that they are always preferred by the top-notch design based businesses of the country. Our students have always had a record hit in campus placements and have attracted various mighty players in the market year-on-year.
Our Key Employers are as Follows:
Swarovski– a leading crystals ad Designer Jewelry Brand
Tiffany– the world’s premier jeweler and America’s house of design since 1837
Michael Aram -America’s prime metal ware company
Li & Fung – a global supply chain manager primarily for US and EU brands, department stores, hypermarkets, specialty stores, catalogue-led companies, and e-commerce sites
D’Damas – it is Joint-Venture between Gitanjali & Damas, Dubai in 2003
Bholasons Jewelers – Leading jewellery brand in India
Hidesign – A leading global, fashion and lifestyle brand.
Liberty Shoes Ltd. – Popular sports shoe and footwear manufacturing company
Gitanjali jewelry Pvt. Ltd. – Prominent Indian jewelry Brand.
VIP Luggage – Baggage and Luggage manufacturing Brand
Tanishq – Leading designer jewelry brand. A TATA brand.
Titan – TATA’s WATCH manufacturing Unit. Has more than 10 sub-brands catering to various range of customers.
Pantaloons – A global lifestyle and clothing brand.
Magppie – It is India’s First Home accessories brand.
ITC Wills Lifestyle – It is a leading clothing and fashion brand owned by Indian Trading Company in India.
Ravisaant – A pioneering brand on gold and silverware, clothing and home accessories. It was prominently a silver ware and gold jewelry brand.
Frazer & Haws – Established in 1869, Frazer and Haws offers a collection of masterpieces created by sixth and seven generations of silvers and goldsmiths. It is a British jewelry brand based in India and London.
And various other leading design brands in the country.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
Please Read the T&C, before Applying for the Course.
- Candidates can apply online ONLY through the Official Lakhotia Institute of Design portal. Please visit www.lakhotiaedu.com or www.lakhotiainstituteofdesign.com to apply online.
- Application fees can be paid either by a Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or through a Demand Draft. We accept
- Master Card, VISA Credit Cards
- Master Card, VISA, Maestro, VISA Electron, Rupay Debit Cards
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Lakhotia Institute of Design” payable at Hyderabad.
- Please make sure that you have the DD number before applying else the application will be rejected.
- Lakhotia Institute of Design has the right to reject any application which it deems fit.
It is a complete course touching all major areas of design, art, craft culture of India in respect to current fashion. Coming from absolutely different background, I learnt the basics, right from threading a hand-sewing needle to stitching high-fashion Couture Garments in a span of just one year. Now I feel more responsible for the revival and uplift of rich Indian Crafts and our artisans especially in the field of textile and textile ornamentation. Presently I am working in KASHISH, the renowned retail designer outlet of Hyderabad. I am thankful to Lakhotia Institute of Design for providing me the adequate knowledge to be a successful fashion designer.
I have done a Course in Interior Design and space planning from Lakhotia Institute Design. I always wanted to excel in this field. I worked for Reliance as Interior planner for their stores across the country and now I am working as a Space Designer and project manager for Apollo Hospitals for pan India where we do designing for commercial hospitality design. On job I travel a lot. My dream of excelling in this field inspires me to move forward in life and my passion for same the overflows in my performance. Now I keep hiring Interior designers from Lakhotia because they are industry ready hence I don’t need to give them special training that saves my time and resources.
Lakhotia Institute of Design has given a direction to my dreams and helped me find my talent to shape my career that is more than just a job. I am working as an interior designer with MODI PROPERTIES. Thanks to Lakhotia.
Studying at Lakhotia Institute of Design added a great value on my path to a fruitful professional career. it created an instant and easier connect between theory and the practical work environment as the faculties had worked in their real time industry themselves. Thanks to Lakhotia, my communication was never a hindrance and the teaching methodology, exposure to industry, the various competitions and activities made me confident and practically oriented. I also am delighted by the placement assistance that we received despite the recession. I am working in CUCINE LUBE.
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated with design, colours and wanted to work in a creative field. I personally feel that a designer or an artist has a freedom for expressing their emotions, feelings, and happiness or also sadness through their artwork, it can be through any form of art. I have experienced that design solves problems and helps explore new avenues. Presently I am working as an Interior Designer at KITCHEN BY DESIGN, Hyderabad.