DIPLOMA IN FASHION DESIGN & GARMENT PRODUCTION
Duration: 1 Year
Diploma in Fashion design and Garment Production is a one-year course on Clothing and Garments Designing and production. It is suitable for those students who aspire to make a career in the clothing industry. The course provides students knowledge on both traditional and computer aided designing of clothes by applying their sense of fashion to its best. The course concentrates on providing students with the knowledge on the basics of fashion, fabric, cloth appreciation, styling, drafting, draping, grooming and so on. The course enhances the creativity and innovation in students that they can make a great career in field of garment designing, apparel designing for retail and luxury brands, ready to wear fashion products and so on. The course also provides students with project and internship opportunities where they can witness theoretical knowledge become real-time experience.
Aims & Objectives of this Course
The aim of the course is to develop the investigative mind of students so that they will be able to produce innovative designs that are aesthetically pleasing. It aims at imparting students with skills and languages needed to create, develop and present quality designs including the techniques and processes. It helps students understand the methods and principles of art and design. Students learn to identify and utilize primary and secondary sources. The course aims at providing students with exposure to different kinds of fabrics and garment production. The course also aims at providing industry related exposure through interactive classroom lectures, demonstrations, Presentations, field visits, Craft documentation, internships and the annual fashion show.
Design Concepts I
- FD-01: Orientation Program
- FD-02: Basics Of Fashion
- FD-03: Elements Of Design & Principles
- FD-04: Design process
- FD-05: Fashion Illustration I
- FD-06: Color Theory
- FD-07: Principles Of Garment Construction
- FD-08: Drafting & Pattern Making (Kids Wear)
- FD-09: Garment Construction (Kids Wear)
- FD-10: Fabric Consumption (Term Garment)
- FD-11: Trim File & Market Sourcing
- FD-012: Fiber To Fabric
- FD-013: Wet Processing
- FD-014: Textile Designing & Print Development
- FD-015: Surface Ornamentation Techniques I
- FD-016: (Tie & Dye, Batik, Fabric Painting & Embroideries 25 Types)
Introduction To Computers-I
- FD-017: MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, CorelDraw
Design Concepts II
- FD-018: Fashion Illustration Advance / Fabric Rendering
- FD-019: Accessories Design
- FD-020: Design Portfolio
- FD-021: Fashion Styling & Draping
- FD-022: Personal Etiquette & Grooming
- FD-023: Overview of Fashion Industry
- FD-024: Marketing & Merchandising I
- FD-025: Visual Merchandising I
- FD-026: Apparel Designing
Garment Construction II
- FD-027: Pattern Making & Drafting(Women's Wear)
- FD-028: Garment Construction (Women's Wear)
- FD-029: Project
Fashion History & Communication
- FD-030: History Of Fashion(Indian and Western)
- FD-031: Indian Art & Costume Appreciation
- FD-033: Textile Science II
- FD-034: Fabric Study I
- FD-035: Textile Manufacturing I
- FD-036: Surface Ornamentation III (Embroideries 75 Types)
- FD-037: Craft Documentation
- FD-038: Computer Applications- Adobe Photoshop
- FD-039: The Course Includes Projects, Market Surveys, Field Visits, Seminars, Workshops and Fashion Shows
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
Please Read the T&C, before Applying for the Course.
- Candidates can apply online ONLY through the Official Lakhotia Institute of Design portal. Please visit www.lakhotiaedu.com or www.lakhotiainstituteofdesign.com to apply online.
- Application fees can be paid either by a Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or through a Demand Draft. We accept
- Master Card, VISA Credit Cards
- Master Card, VISA, Maestro, VISA Electron, Rupay Debit Cards
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Lakhotia Institute of Design” payable at Hyderabad.
- Please make sure that you have the DD number before applying else the application will be rejected.
- Lakhotia Institute of Design has the right to reject any application which it deems fit.
It is a complete course touching all major areas of design, art, craft culture of India in respect to current fashion. Coming from absolutely different background, I learnt the basics, right from threading a hand-sewing needle to stitching high-fashion Couture Garments in a span of just one year. Now I feel more responsible for the revival and uplift of rich Indian Crafts and our artisans especially in the field of textile and textile ornamentation. Presently I am working in KASHISH, the renowned retail designer outlet of Hyderabad. I am thankful to Lakhotia Institute of Design for providing me the adequate knowledge to be a successful fashion designer.
I have done a Course in Interior Design and space planning from Lakhotia Institute Design. I always wanted to excel in this field. I worked for Reliance as Interior planner for their stores across the country and now I am working as a Space Designer and project manager for Apollo Hospitals for pan India where we do designing for commercial hospitality design. On job I travel a lot. My dream of excelling in this field inspires me to move forward in life and my passion for same the overflows in my performance. Now I keep hiring Interior designers from Lakhotia because they are industry ready hence I don’t need to give them special training that saves my time and resources.
Lakhotia Institute of Design has given a direction to my dreams and helped me find my talent to shape my career that is more than just a job. I am working as an interior designer with MODI PROPERTIES. Thanks to Lakhotia.
Studying at Lakhotia Institute of Design added a great value on my path to a fruitful professional career. it created an instant and easier connect between theory and the practical work environment as the faculties had worked in their real time industry themselves. Thanks to Lakhotia, my communication was never a hindrance and the teaching methodology, exposure to industry, the various competitions and activities made me confident and practically oriented. I also am delighted by the placement assistance that we received despite the recession. I am working in CUCINE LUBE.
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated with design, colours and wanted to work in a creative field. I personally feel that a designer or an artist has a freedom for expressing their emotions, feelings, and happiness or also sadness through their artwork, it can be through any form of art. I have experienced that design solves problems and helps explore new avenues. Presently I am working as an Interior Designer at KITCHEN BY DESIGN, Hyderabad.