FASHION STYLING AT LAKHOTIA
The aim of the course in fashion styling is to prepare professionals and creative people to work within the fashion system in areas of visual communication ranging from the fields of publishing, advertising, visual merchandising and trend or style forecasting to blogging. Presenting contemporary and future trends, enhancing the collections of designers, informing and inspiring their readers: this is the exciting mission of a fashion stylist. By the end of the programme, participants will have gained the ability to recognise different styles and trends, clearly define their personal vision of a product and propose innovative and professional ideas successfully.
The course makes it possible to investigate the various aspects of the profession of a stylist, starting with the study of the interactions between clothes and accessories and going on to building ‘stories’ out of fashion and contemporary trends for photo shoots and video footage, working in symbiosis with photographers or filmmakers and finding the correct balance between individual style vision and the needs of clients, while managing the visual identity of subjects to be photographed.
Duration: 6 Months
(Ideate: Fundamentals of Art and Design).
|1. It introduces the student to the process of design thinking so as to ease them into a design discipline.|
|2. Fashion Cultures and Historical Studies.||2. It focuses on the understanding and critical analyses of the perspectives developed within cultural and historical theory. It focuses on fashion eras, fashion icons and major players of the fashion industry. Alongside the students learn make-up and hair design skills.|
|3. Concepts of Fashion Styling||3. It engages the student to know aesthetic principles and the realm of fashion and its elements as formative or constructive value objectives while being transformed into products of human desire. Alongside the students learn Fashion Photography.|
|4.Wardrobe management||4. Dressing techniques, categories of clothing.|
|4. Concepts of Fashion Styling||5. This module provides the students with the advance knowledge of how to produce a fashion shoot. Alongside the students learn Fashion Photography.|
|5. Fashion Visualization.||6. This module provides the participants with required computer application skills for design and learning.|
|1. Commercial Styling||1. This module aims at teaching the nuances of styling involved in the TV and film industry, along with print advertisements and theater costumes.|
|2. New Media Styling||2. It emphasizes on e-styling and its importance in image building for brands, designers, bloggers, publications and fashion set ups.|
|3. Personal Styling||3. This module focuses on analyzing, reviewing and discussing different body types in co-relation with body correction and enhancement.|
|4. Final Project||4. This project the student will learn styling terms of fashion shows, model portfolio|
FASHION STYLIST CAREER:
Fashion stylists help clients improve their image, produce ideas for photoshoots, select clothing & accessories for events, filming and photoshoots, work for fashion magazines and more. Fashion stylists generally work freelance, although stylists can be employed by publishing companies, model agencies, advertising agencies, events management companies, fashion labels, shopping centres or retail stores to name a few.
FASHION STYLISTS CAN PROVIDE A RANGE OF SERVICES WHICH MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Personal Styling: involves providing advice or assistance to clients on how to improve their image by selecting clothing and accessories that complement their figure and skin colouring and are suitable for their lifestyle. This can also involve taking clients on shopping trips and selecting clothing items for clients to wear to events etc., providing advice on skin care, hair style, self esteem, beauty treatments and etiquette. Personal styling is the basis of all other areas of styling. It is also known as Image Consulting, Personal Shopping and Celebrity Styling.
- Editorial Styling: involves concepting and organising the photoshoots for the pages in fashion magazines and other media publications. This may also involve selecting items to appear in fashion product pages for magazines and writing articles on personal style, fashion trends etc.
- Wardrobe Styling: involves working on film, television, concert or theatre productions, developing the look and/or selecting the wardrobe items for the actors/actresses, musicians/performers, dancers or television personalities (i.e. newsreaders). Wardrobe Styling is often considered a form of Show Styling.
- Commercial Styling: involves styling models or actors/actresses for advertising/commercials – this could involve anything from selecting the wardrobe items to coordinating the shoot – selecting the location, models, makeup artists and even the photographer.
- Corporate Styling: involves advising companies on their corporate uniforms, providing talks/seminars to staff on personal appearance, in-house magazine publications and more.
- Catalogue Styling: involves working with designers or businesses on developing promotional materials such as product catalogues. Catalogue Styling involves Merchandise Styling as listed below.
- Show Styling: involves organising events and fashion parades. This could involve public speaking/comparing, working backstage at fashion parades, selecting models, organising the running order, selecting garments and/or accessories, selecting the venue, developing the event concept, dealing with the media, photographers, and PR companies.
- Photographic Styling: involves styling any photoshoot and includes editorial styling, commercial styling and catalogue styling.
- Merchandise Styling: involves creating displays of products in retail stores or for photoshoots.
Career Path Content
Career opportunities for Fashion Stylists/ Image Consultants
There is a wide array of career opportunities available for trained, qualified and skilled Fashion Stylists. Fashion stylists enable clients in improving their personality and image, come-up with out of the box ideas for photo-shoots, select clothing and accessories according to the events, assist and organize filmmaking and photo-shoots, be a part of trending fashion magazines and fashion evens and so on. They usually work as freelancers, although some are employed in independent publishing houses, modelling and advertising agencies, event management organizations, fashion brands and labels, shopping centers or popular retail brand outlets and more.
Fashion stylists offer a range of services in the following areas of work:
- Personal Styling and personality image building involves offering guidance and assistance to individuals on the ways in which they can improve their image by getting to know the right clothing and suitable accessories that complement their skin tone, personality, figure and lifestyle. This also involves coordinating shopping trips for clients, selecting clothing and accessories they can wear for events, etc., and offering skin care tips, advice on maintaining a good scalp and hair, self-esteem and personality development, beauty treatments, etiquettes and so on. Personal styling is considered as the basics for every other forms of styling. Studies on personal styling are also popularly known as Image Consulting, Personal Shoppingand Celebrity Styling.
- Editorial Styling: involves concept creating and coordination of the photo-shoots fashion magazine pages, pages in journals, cover pages, online and direct media publications. This also involves the process of selecting the items that have to appear in the product pages for fashion magazines, article writing on personal styles, trends of the time, fashion trends and so on.
- Wardrobe Styling: concentrates on developing the attractive look for individuals who are actors and actresses, musicians, play back singers, band/ on-stage performers, dancers, television personalities like newsreaders, show-hosts, and models working in film, TV, events, Concerts and Theatre productions by selecting the necessary wardrobe items and accessories. It is a form of Show styling that has a wide scope in the media industry.
- Commercial Styling: focusses on providing styling services for models, actors and actresses for making advertisements and commercials. It involves a range of activities from selecting the right and suited wardrobe items, organizing and coordinating shoots by selecting pleasing and apt locations, models, make-up artists, technical teams, and photography/videography and so on.
- Corporate Styling: concentrates on offering guidance to corporate organizations on their uniforms, company’s t-shirts, conducting talks/seminars to employees on their personal appearance, personality, in-house magazine, journal publications and more.
- Catalogue Styling: focuses on coordinating with designers and fashion businesses on coming up with promotional materials such as product catalogues, brochures and advertisements. Catalogue Styling also involves Merchandise Styling.
- Show Styling: involves organizing and coordination of events, fashion walks, shows and fashion parades. This involves public speaking, compeering, backstage work on fashion events and parades, selecting models, coordinating with the running order, selection of dresses and suitable accessories, venue selection, event-concept development, dealing with the media, photography/videography, and public relation companies.
- Photographic Styling: concentrates on styling photo-shoots, photographs and contains styling editorials, commercials and catalogues.
- Merchandise Styling: focuses on creation of product displays in retail brand outlets or for photo-shoots.
The following activities are performed by fashion stylists;
- Provide guidance to clients on selecting clothing and suited accessories to show-off their figure, suit the skin-tone and portraying the image they wish to carry.
- Advice clients on beauty care, skin and hair care and health management.
- Write articles and blogs on the trending fashions.
- Offer a direction and innovative ideas on fashion for buyers, merchandisers, product developers and designers
- Organize, host and compare fashion parades, events, walks and shows.
- Guidance and direction of photography of items, accessories and clothing designated for promotion.
- Selection of items that appear in fashion magazines, journals and media publications.
- Finding the right clothing for actors, actresses, models, TV personalities, celebrities and organizing the wardrobe for movie and Television actors.
- Sourcing items and props related to fashion for photo-shoots and videography and placement of TV or Film Personalities or products in Fashion Magazines and media publications.
- Provide guidance on approached to photography, location selection, selection of items and props, selection of clothing and accessories for models, finding the right makeup artists, photographers, hair stylists, technical team and the overall look of models and actors for photo-shoots and videography.
- Delivering speeches, talks and workshops at events about image and fashion trends
- Deliver make-up, beauty care and hair styling services to clients or offer complete makeup and hair styling at the shooting locations.
- Liasoning with fashion designers, retailers, the media, model organizations, photographers, technicians, makeup artists, beauticians, hairdressers, beauty therapists and personal trainers.
Fashion Stylists are required to travel across states and countries to conduct research on the latest fashion trends. The careers available for Fashion Stylists are as follows:
- Fashion Journalist / Fashion Editor- Journalism jobs for Fashion Magazine and Journals.
- Fashion Buyer- Retail buyers in the fashion industry.
- Fashion Merchandiser- Fashion styling merchandising
- Fashion Marketing- Marketing for fashion brands and articles
- Fashion Designer- Designing and Styling in the Fashion industry.
- Interior Decorator / Stylist- Decoration of Interiors for stores and outlets.
- Visual Merchandiser- usage of design skills to promote the brand image of products and services in retail businesses and other organizations.
- Makeup Artist- Beauticians and Hair Dressing for Models
- Beauty Therapist- Offering Beauty tips and guidance.
- Food Stylist- Decoration of foods and savories in food events and festivals
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Events management- organizing and Coordinating Fashion and Design Events
- Wedding planning- Planning end-to-end activities in Weddings from decoration and clothing to gifts for guests.
- Fashion Retail Sales Assistant
- Advertising Agent- Advertisements and Commercial, design and promotion
- Set Designer- Designing, Coordination and Management of Sets for TV, Fashion Shows and Events.
- Creative Director- Direction of the creative and Aesthetic aspects of Film making and photography
- Model / Talent Agent- Handling Model portfolios, coordination with models for events, training and talent management of models and actors.
- Life Coaching- helping individuals achieve their personal and professional goals
Student Work Content
Donec lorem leo, gravida ut cursus et, ultrices non tortor. Duis vel venenatis ligula. Etiam hendrerit at urna ac tempus. Integer sagittis luctus tellus, eu molestie magna volutpat quis. Praesent ullamcorper faucibus quam. Nam sed facilisis neque. Etiam dictum dolor et volutpat malesuada. Aliquam molestie felis in justo feugiat semper. In magna arcu, luctus a nisl et, mollis ultricies sem. Etiam cursus mi eget tellus ultrices fermentum. Vestibulum tempor erat ac eros egestas rutrum.
Aliquam pulvinar blandit eros, vel tempor tellus eleifend eget. Vestibulum ultricies egestas ante, eu consectetur leo pretium vel. Aliquam mollis dolor libero, ac sagittis velit dignissim at. Nulla a tellus eu enim porta posuere. Sed posuere at lectus ac fringilla.
Apply Now Content
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
Please Read the T&C, before Applying for the Course.
- Candidates can apply online ONLY through the Official Lakhotia Institute of Design portal. Please visit www.lakhotiaedu.com or www.lakhotiainstituteofdesign.com to apply online.
- Application fees can be paid either by a Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or through a Demand Draft. We accept
- Master Card, VISA Credit Cards
- Master Card, VISA, Maestro, VISA Electron, Rupay Debit Cards
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Lakhotia Institute of Design” payable at Hyderabad.
- Please make sure that you have the DD number before applying else the application will be rejected.
- Lakhotia Institute of Design has the right to reject any application which it deems fit.