Best fashion styling institute in Hyderabad
The aim of the course in fashion styling is to prepare professionals and creative people to work within the fashion system in areas of visual communication ranging from the fields of publishing, advertising, visual merchandising and trend or style forecasting to blogging. Presenting contemporary and future trends, enhancing the collections of designers, informing and inspiring their readers: this is the exciting mission of a fashion stylist. By the end of the programme, participants will have gained the ability to recognise different styles and trends, clearly define their personal vision of a product and propose innovative and professional ideas successfully.
The course makes it possible to investigate the various aspects of the profession of a stylist, starting with the study of the interactions between clothes and accessories and going on to building ‘stories’ out of fashion and contemporary trends for photo shoots and video footage, working in symbiosis with photographers or filmmakers and finding the correct balance between individual style vision and the needs of clients, while managing the visual identity of subjects to be photographed.
Career opportunities for Fashion Stylists/ Image Consultants
There is a wide array of career opportunities available for trained, qualified and skilled Fashion Stylists. Fashion stylists enable clients in improving their personality and image, come-up with out of the box ideas for photo-shoots, select clothing and accessories according to the events, assist and organize filmmaking and photo-shoots, be a part of trending fashion magazines and fashion evens and so on. They usually work as freelancers, although some are employed in independent publishing houses, modelling and advertising agencies, event management organizations, fashion brands and labels, shopping centers or popular retail brand outlets and more.
Fashion stylists offer a range of services in the following areas of work:
- Personal Styling and personality image building involves offering guidance and assistance to individuals on the ways in which they can improve their image by getting to know the right clothing and suitable accessories that complement their skin tone, personality, figure and lifestyle. This also involves coordinating shopping trips for clients, selecting clothing and accessories they can wear for events, etc., and offering skin care tips, advice on maintaining a good scalp and hair, self-esteem and personality development, beauty treatments, etiquettes and so on. Personal styling is considered as the basics for every other forms of styling. Studies on personal styling are also popularly known as Image Consulting, Personal Shoppingand Celebrity Styling.
- Editorial Styling: involves concept creating and coordination of the photo-shoots fashion magazine pages, pages in journals, cover pages, online and direct media publications. This also involves the process of selecting the items that have to appear in the product pages for fashion magazines, article writing on personal styles, trends of the time, fashion trends and so on.
- Wardrobe Styling: concentrates on developing the attractive look for individuals who are actors and actresses, musicians, play back singers, band/ on-stage performers, dancers, television personalities like newsreaders, show-hosts, and models working in film, TV, events, Concerts and Theatre productions by selecting the necessary wardrobe items and accessories. It is a form of Show styling that has a wide scope in the media industry.
- Commercial Styling: focusses on providing styling services for models, actors and actresses for making advertisements and commercials. It involves a range of activities from selecting the right and suited wardrobe items, organizing and coordinating shoots by selecting pleasing and apt locations, models, make-up artists, technical teams, and photography/videography and so on.
- Corporate Styling: concentrates on offering guidance to corporate organizations on their uniforms, company’s t-shirts, conducting talks/seminars to employees on their personal appearance, personality, in-house magazine, journal publications and more.
- Catalogue Styling: focuses on coordinating with designers and fashion businesses on coming up with promotional materials such as product catalogues, brochures and advertisements. Catalogue Styling also involves Merchandise Styling.
- Show Styling: involves organizing and coordination of events, fashion walks, shows and fashion parades. This involves public speaking, compeering, backstage work on fashion events and parades, selecting models, coordinating with the running order, selection of dresses and suitable accessories, venue selection, event-concept development, dealing with the media, photography/videography, and public relation companies.
- Photographic Styling: concentrates on styling photo-shoots, photographs and contains styling editorials, commercials and catalogues.
- Merchandise Styling: focuses on creation of product displays in retail brand outlets or for photo-shoots.
The following activities are performed by fashion stylists;
- Provide guidance to clients on selecting clothing and suited accessories to show-off their figure, suit the skin-tone and portraying the image they wish to carry.
- Advice clients on beauty care, skin and hair care and health management.
- Write articles and blogs on the trending fashions.
- Offer a direction and innovative ideas on fashion for buyers, merchandisers, product developers and designers
- Organize, host and compare fashion parades, events, walks and shows.
- Guidance and direction of photography of items, accessories and clothing designated for promotion.
- Selection of items that appear in fashion magazines, journals and media publications.
- Finding the right clothing for actors, actresses, models, TV personalities, celebrities and organizing the wardrobe for movie and Television actors.
- Sourcing items and props related to fashion for photo-shoots and videography and placement of TV or Film Personalities or products in Fashion Magazines and media publications.
- Provide guidance on approached to photography, location selection, selection of items and props, selection of clothing and accessories for models, finding the right makeup artists, photographers, hair stylists, technical team and the overall look of models and actors for photo-shoots and videography.
- Delivering speeches, talks and workshops at events about image and fashion trends
- Deliver make-up, beauty care and hair styling services to clients or offer complete makeup and hair styling at the shooting locations.
- Liasoning with fashion designers, retailers, the media, model organizations, photographers, technicians, makeup artists, beauticians, hairdressers, beauty therapists and personal trainers.
Fashion Stylists are required to travel across states and countries to conduct research on the latest fashion trends. The careers available for Fashion Stylists are as follows:
- Fashion Journalist / Fashion Editor- Journalism jobs for Fashion Magazine and Journals.
- Fashion Buyer- Retail buyers in the fashion industry.
- Fashion Merchandiser- Fashion styling merchandising
- Fashion Marketing- Marketing for fashion brands and articles
- Fashion Designer- Designing and Styling in the Fashion industry.
- Interior Decorator / Stylist- Decoration of Interiors for stores and outlets.
- Visual Merchandiser- usage of design skills to promote the brand image of products and services in retail businesses and other organizations.
- Makeup Artist- Beauticians and Hair Dressing for Models
- Beauty Therapist- Offering Beauty tips and guidance.
- Food Stylist- Decoration of foods and savories in food events and festivals
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Events management- organizing and Coordinating Fashion and Design Events
- Wedding planning- Planning end-to-end activities in Weddings from decoration and clothing to gifts for guests.
- Fashion Retail Sales Assistant
- Advertising Agent- Advertisements and Commercial, design and promotion
- Set Designer- Designing, Coordination and Management of Sets for TV, Fashion Shows and Events.
- Creative Director- Direction of the creative and Aesthetic aspects of Film making and photography
- Model / Talent Agent- Handling Model portfolios, coordination with models for events, training and talent management of models and actors.
- Life Coaching- helping individuals achieve their personal and professional goals
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
Please Read the T&C, before Applying for the Course.
- Candidates can apply online ONLY through the Official Lakhotia Institute of Design portal. Please visit www.lakhotiaedu.com or www.lakhotiainstituteofdesign.com to apply online.
- Application fees can be paid either by a Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or through a Demand Draft. We accept
- Master Card, VISA Credit Cards
- Master Card, VISA, Maestro, VISA Electron, Rupay Debit Cards
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Lakhotia Institute of Design” payable at Hyderabad.
- Please make sure that you have the DD number before applying else the application will be rejected.
- Lakhotia Institute of Design has the right to reject any application which it deems fit.
It is a complete course touching all major areas of design, art, craft culture of India in respect to current fashion. Coming from absolutely different background, I learnt the basics, right from threading a hand-sewing needle to stitching high-fashion Couture Garments in a span of just one year. Now I feel more responsible for the revival and uplift of rich Indian Crafts and our artisans especially in the field of textile and textile ornamentation. Presently I am working in KASHISH, the renowned retail designer outlet of Hyderabad. I am thankful to Lakhotia Institute of Design for providing me the adequate knowledge to be a successful fashion designer.
I have done a Course in Interior Design and space planning from Lakhotia Institute Design. I always wanted to excel in this field. I worked for Reliance as Interior planner for their stores across the country and now I am working as a Space Designer and project manager for Apollo Hospitals for pan India where we do designing for commercial hospitality design. On job I travel a lot. My dream of excelling in this field inspires me to move forward in life and my passion for same the overflows in my performance. Now I keep hiring Interior designers from Lakhotia because they are industry ready hence I don’t need to give them special training that saves my time and resources.
Lakhotia Institute of Design has given a direction to my dreams and helped me find my talent to shape my career that is more than just a job. I am working as an interior designer with MODI PROPERTIES. Thanks to Lakhotia.
Studying at Lakhotia Institute of Design added a great value on my path to a fruitful professional career. it created an instant and easier connect between theory and the practical work environment as the faculties had worked in their real time industry themselves. Thanks to Lakhotia, my communication was never a hindrance and the teaching methodology, exposure to industry, the various competitions and activities made me confident and practically oriented. I also am delighted by the placement assistance that we received despite the recession. I am working in CUCINE LUBE.
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated with design, colours and wanted to work in a creative field. I personally feel that a designer or an artist has a freedom for expressing their emotions, feelings, and happiness or also sadness through their artwork, it can be through any form of art. I have experienced that design solves problems and helps explore new avenues. Presently I am working as an Interior Designer at KITCHEN BY DESIGN, Hyderabad.