DIPLOMA IN INTERIOR DESIGN & SPACE PLANNING (1 Year)
Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility: 10th / SSC
Diploma in Interior Design and space planning is a one-year course on interior designing which concentrates on imparting knowledge on various aspects history and trends of furniture design, exhibit and shop design, lighting, design for hospitality sectors, office spaces and so on. The course is structured in such a way that students get to learn the basics of designing, drafting, planning, sketching, ,material management, space planning and so on and also practically experience the application of these in real-time projects. The course offers students guidance and knowledge sharing from experts in the field and also provides students an opportunity to learn the concept of design and space planning in both paper and digital methods. The course makes students practice computer aided design and drafting of interiors and match them to the existing trends in the market.
Basic Design & Drafting/Graphic I (Theory & Practical)
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Graphic Materials & Equipments
- Principles of Graphics - Scales & Lines, Lettering & Dimensioning & Freehand Sketching
- Design Symbols
- Geometrical Drawings - Geometrical Constructions, Geometric Planes & Geometric Forms
- Orthographic Projections - 2D (Simple & Complex Objects plus Basic Furniture)
- 3 Dimensioning (Simple & Complex Objects plus Basic Furniture)
- Pictorial Projections & Perspective Projections
- Colour Theory
- Rendering Techniques
- Design Basics - Design & Human Perception, Design Elements, Interior Design Elements, Design Principles & Anthropometry
History of Interior Designing
- Ancient Age - Egyptian, Greek & Roman Interiors
- Middle Age - Early Christian, Byzantine, Romanesque, Gothic, Baroque & Rococo
- Industrial Revolution
- Mordern Age
- Famous Designers
- Indian Interiors
- Interior Concepts
Design Methodology/Graphics II
- Residential Planning & Spacing
- Introduction to Materials:
- Timber & Timber Products
- Thermal & Acoustic Materials
- Furnishing Materials
- Surface Finishes
- Clay Products
- Lime & Cement
- Mortar & Cement Concrete
- Introduction to Materials:
- Introduction to Construction, Masonry, Brick Work, Stone Work.
- Wood Work
- Doors, Windows, Arches & Lintels
- Interior Partitions
- Wall Panelling & False Ceiling
- Introduction to Technical Services
- Water Supply
- House Drainage
- Electrification & Wiring
- Computer Networking
- Air Conditioning
- Elevators & Escalators
- Security Systems
- Introduction to Technical Services
- Introduction to Design Studio & Residential Interiors
Digital design (Autocad & 3D'S MAX)/Portfolio
- Introduction & Basics of Autocad
- Overview of Autocad
- Setting the Drawing Environment
- Working with the Standard Toolbar
- Working with the Drawing Toolbar
- Working with the Modify Toolbar
- Working with the Layers
- Working with the Text
- Working with the Dimensioning
- Working with the 2D Objects
- Working with the 3D Objects
- Working with the Solids
- Editing the Solids
- Working with the Views
Specifications/Estimations & Costing
- Introduction to Specifications - General Specifications, Detailed Specifications
- Introduction to Estimations - Detailed Estimations & Abstract of Estimation
- Measurement of Works
- Vaastu / Workshops / Survey Visits / Model Making / Case Studies
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
Please Read the T&C, before Applying for the Course.
- Candidates can apply online ONLY through the Official Lakhotia Institute of Design portal. Please visit www.lakhotiaedu.com or www.lakhotiainstituteofdesign.com to apply online.
- Application fees can be paid either by a Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or through a Demand Draft. We accept
- Master Card, VISA Credit Cards
- Master Card, VISA, Maestro, VISA Electron, Rupay Debit Cards
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “Lakhotia Institute of Design” payable at Hyderabad.
- Please make sure that you have the DD number before applying else the application will be rejected.
- Lakhotia Institute of Design has the right to reject any application which it deems fit.
It is a complete course touching all major areas of design, art, craft culture of India in respect to current fashion. Coming from absolutely different background, I learnt the basics, right from threading a hand-sewing needle to stitching high-fashion Couture Garments in a span of just one year. Now I feel more responsible for the revival and uplift of rich Indian Crafts and our artisans especially in the field of textile and textile ornamentation. Presently I am working in KASHISH, the renowned retail designer outlet of Hyderabad. I am thankful to Lakhotia Institute of Design for providing me the adequate knowledge to be a successful fashion designer.
I have done a Course in Interior Design and space planning from Lakhotia Institute Design. I always wanted to excel in this field. I worked for Reliance as Interior planner for their stores across the country and now I am working as a Space Designer and project manager for Apollo Hospitals for pan India where we do designing for commercial hospitality design. On job I travel a lot. My dream of excelling in this field inspires me to move forward in life and my passion for same the overflows in my performance. Now I keep hiring Interior designers from Lakhotia because they are industry ready hence I don’t need to give them special training that saves my time and resources.
Lakhotia Institute of Design has given a direction to my dreams and helped me find my talent to shape my career that is more than just a job. I am working as an interior designer with MODI PROPERTIES. Thanks to Lakhotia.
Studying at Lakhotia Institute of Design added a great value on my path to a fruitful professional career. it created an instant and easier connect between theory and the practical work environment as the faculties had worked in their real time industry themselves. Thanks to Lakhotia, my communication was never a hindrance and the teaching methodology, exposure to industry, the various competitions and activities made me confident and practically oriented. I also am delighted by the placement assistance that we received despite the recession. I am working in CUCINE LUBE.
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated with design, colours and wanted to work in a creative field. I personally feel that a designer or an artist has a freedom for expressing their emotions, feelings, and happiness or also sadness through their artwork, it can be through any form of art. I have experienced that design solves problems and helps explore new avenues. Presently I am working as an Interior Designer at KITCHEN BY DESIGN, Hyderabad.