Diploma in Fashion Styling (International or Regular)
Diploma in Fashion Styling (International or Regular)
DURATION: 1 YEAR
ELEGIBILITY: 10TH CLASS (SSC |ICSE| CBSE)
INTERNATIONAL COURSE AWARDING BODY: COLLEGE DE PARIS
REGULAR COURSE AWARDING BODY: LAKHOTIA COLLEGE OF DESIGN
The aim of the course in fashion styling is to prepare professionals and creative people to work within the fashion system in areas of visual communication ranging from the fields of publishing, advertising, visual merchandising and trend or style forecasting to blogging. Presenting contemporary and future trends, enhancing the collections of designers, informing and inspiring their readers: this is the exciting mission of a fashion stylist. By the end of the programme, participants will have gained the ability to recognize different styles and trends clearly define their personal vision of a product and propose innovative and professional ideas successfully.
The course makes it possible to investigate the various aspects of the profession of a stylist, starting with the study of the interactions between clothes and accessories and going on to building ‘stories’ out of fashion and contemporary trends for photo shoots and video footage, working in symbiosis with photographers or filmmakers and finding the correct balance between individual style vision and the needs of clients, while managing the visual identity of subjects to be photographed.
|Foundation (Ideate: Fundamentals of Art and Design).||It introduces the student to the process of design thinking so as to ease them into a design discipline.|
|Fashion Cultures and Historical Studies.||It focuses on the understanding and critical analyses of the perspectives developed within cultural and historical theory. It focuses on fashion eras, fashion icons and major players of the fashion industry. Alongside the students learn make-up and hair design skills.|
|Concepts of Fashion Styling||It engages the student to know aesthetic principles and the realm of fashion and its elements as formative or constructive value objectives while being transformed into products of human desire. Alongside the students learn Fashion Photography.|
|Wardrobe Management||Dressing techniques, categories of clothing.|
|Concepts of Fashion Styling||This module provides the students with the advance knowledge of how to produce a fashion shoot. Alongside the students learn Fashion Photography.|
|Fashion Visualization.||This module provides the participants with required computer application skills for design and learning.|
|Commercial Styling||This module aims at teaching the nuances of styling involved in the TV and film industry, along with print advertisements and theater costumes.|
|New Media Styling||It emphasizes on e-styling and its importance in image building for brands, designers, bloggers, publications and fashion set ups.|
|Personal Styling||This module focuses on analyzing, reviewing and discussing different body types in co-relation with body correction and enhancement.|
|Final Project||This project the student will learn styling terms of fashion shows, model portfolio|
Fashion stylists help clients improve their image, produce ideas for photoshoots, select clothing & accessories for events, filming and photoshoots, work for fashion magazines and more. Fashion stylists generally work freelance, although stylists can be employed by publishing companies, model agencies, advertising agencies, events management companies, fashion labels, shopping centres or retail stores to name a few.
- Personal Styling: involves providing advice or assistance to clients on how to improve their image by selecting clothing and accessories that complement their figure and skin colouring and are suitable for their lifestyle. This can also involve taking clients on shopping trips and selecting clothing items for clients to wear to events etc., providing advice on skin care, hair style, self esteem, beauty treatments and etiquette. Personal styling is the basis of all other areas of styling. It is also known as Image Consulting, Personal Shopping and Celebrity Styling.
- Editorial Styling: involves concepting and organising the photoshoots for the pages in fashion magazines and other media publications. This may also involve selecting items to appear in fashion product pages for magazines and writing articles on personal style, fashion trends etc.
- Wardrobe Styling: involves working on film, television, concert or theatre productions, developing the look and/or selecting the wardrobe items for the actors/actresses, musicians/performers, dancers or television personalities (i.e. newsreaders). Wardrobe Styling is often considered a form of Show Styling.
- Commercial Styling: involves styling models or actors/actresses for advertising/commercials – this could involve anything from selecting the wardrobe items to coordinating the shoot – selecting the location, models, makeup artists and even the photographer.
- Corporate Styling: involves advising companies on their corporate uniforms, providing talks/seminars to staff on personal appearance, in-house magazine publications and more.
- Catalogue Styling: involves working with designers or businesses on developing promotional materials such as product catalogues. Catalogue Styling involves Merchandise Styling as listed below.
- Show Styling: involves organising events and fashion parades. This could involve public speaking/comparing, working backstage at fashion parades, selecting models, organising the running order, selecting garments and/or accessories, selecting the venue, developing the event concept, dealing with the media, photographers, and PR companies.
- Photographic Styling: involves styling any photoshoot and includes editorial styling, commercial styling and catalogue styling.
- Merchandise Styling: involves creating displays of products in retail stores or for photoshoots.
Donec lorem leo, gravida ut cursus et, ultrices non tortor. Duis vel venenatis ligula. Etiam hendrerit at urna ac tempus. Integer sagittis luctus tellus, eu molestie magna volutpat quis. Praesent ullamcorper faucibus quam. Nam sed facilisis neque. Etiam dictum dolor et volutpat malesuada. Aliquam molestie felis in justo feugiat semper. In magna arcu, luctus a nisl et, mollis ultricies sem. Etiam cursus mi eget tellus ultrices fermentum. Vestibulum tempor erat ac eros egestas rutrum. Aliquam pulvinar blandit eros, vel tempor tellus eleifend eget. Vestibulum ultricies egestas ante, eu consectetur leo pretium vel. Aliquam mollis dolor libero, ac sagittis velit dignissim at. Nulla a tellus eu enim porta posuere. Sed posuere at lectus ac fringilla.